General Information for Admission to B.B.A. 2015-2016
Since its introduction in 2002 under the University of Calcutta, the BBA program has evolved substantially. Today the program offered at St. Xavier's College is possibly unique given the core values it imparts in terms of Intellectual Depth, Leadership Skills and Social Responsibility. St. Xavier's approach to management education aims at the holistic formation of future leaders with unmatched professional competence and a strong ethical perspective.
The curriculum is flexible and broad and gives students the opportunity to develop an academic program that is tailored to their ambitions and interests. The college offers specialization in three areas: Financial Management, Marketing Management and Human Resource Management.
The objective of the BBA program is to provide high quality education in management and prepare students
- To join industry, business and non-profit organizations
- Seek entrepreneurial venture
- Pursue higher education in management
4:00 pm to 8:05 pm : Co-educational
Admission criteria for the academic session 2015-2016
- A candidate may be admitted to the B.B.A. (Honours) course provided he/she has passed the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2 course conducted by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education, or an equivalent examination, recognized as such, by the University of Calcutta, in all the recognized subjects (of full marks not being less than 100) including English and Pure Mathematics/Business Mathematics, subject to the fulfillment of the following other conditions.
- A candidate applying for B.B.A. Honours must have obtained a minimum of 60% marks in the aggregate with 45% marks in at least four subjects including English and Maths, and 40% marks in rest of the subjects appeared at the previous qualifying examination.
- For applying to B.B.A. Maths / Business Maths / Business Eco with Maths* is compulsory in Plus-II level. (*Business Eco with Maths is a single paper applicable for W.Bengal - HS students only).
- No candidate shall be eligible for admission after a lapse of more than three years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination. The year of admission will not be taken into account while calculating 3 years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination.
- Prospective candidates seeking admission to the course will have to appear for an entrance examination. The entrance examination will comprise of Multiple Choice Questions. The entrance examination will be of one hour duration having 50 marks.
The mode of selection will be on the basis of the following weightage
- Qualifying Examination (10+2 course) (WBHS / ISC / CBSE / State Boards etc.) 50%
- Entrance Examination 50%