Career Oriented Programme (C.O.P)
St. Xavier’s College, first autonomous college under Calcutta University, has
launched eight certificate / diploma courses under its career-oriented
programmes. Participants of these courses comprise the students of St. Xavier’s
College and the students of some other institutions. Also working professionals
can join such courses for their skill enhancement. Industrial training / project
has been made compulsory for the students of all these courses. Classes for
these career-oriented courses are held in the evening.
Knowledge partnership between the institute and the industry provides the
necessary strength. Nature of partnership may be mentioned as follows:
- ‘Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Communication’ is offered in
collaboration with Advertising Club Calcutta (ACC), which is the oldest
advertising club in India.
- ‘Foreign Trade Practices and Management’ course is designed with
the help of Engineering Export Promotion Council (EEPC). Mr. Rakesh Shah,
Former National Chairman of EEPC, is the adviser to this course and EEPC is
providing material and faculty support for the benefit of the students.
- For ‘Computerised Accounting & Financial Decision-making’ there is
an agreement with FACT International (Singapore) to provide training on FACT
accounting software. Accounting softwares like TALLY & ACE is also a part of
- ‘Logistics & Supply-Chain Management’ is offered with the active
participation of some renowned industry professionals.
- ‘Tax Practices and Procedures’ is offered with active support of
some reputed tax consultants. These professionals are also working as guest
- ‘Real Estate Management’ is a joint Certification Programme in
collaboration with CREDAI – Bengal.
- ‘NSE Certified Capital Market Professional’ is a joint
Certification Programme on Capital Market from St. Xavier’s College and the
National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. (NSE).
- ‘Soft Skill Development’ is a joint Certification Programme of St.
Xavier’s College and the Super Soft Training School.
Main objectives of these courses are to
- create an opportunity for value addition among the students.
- facilitate the students to integrate knowledge and skill.
- give the students exposure to the professional fields.
- provide necessary training facilities.
- make the students prepared for the job market.