A joint Certification course from
St. Xavier's College (Autonomous), Kolkata and Bayshore Intelligence Solutions (https://bayshoreintel.com/)
To make students understand how Data Science and Machine Learning is applied to solve Industry problems and how to map business problems into a Data Science problem. The main purpose of this course is to bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and Industrial coding standard which majority of the students lack in their early stage of the career.
- Get acquainted with the Industrial coding standards with Python.
- Build an intuition to handle different type of Data Sets to gain business Intelligence.
- Understand how machine learning models work as a part of different AI algorithms.
- Solve some sample Industrial problems hands on.
- Introduction to Programming
- Elements of Applied Statistics
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Introduction to Dimensionality Reduction
- Data Preprocessing (Image & Text)
- SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Generalized Linear Algorithms
- Non-Linear Classical Machine Learning
- Case Study 1
- Recommender Systems
- Case Study 2
|Eligibility||Final year students of Physics, Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science|
|Course duration||175 Hours|
|Course commencing from||January 2020|
|Course fee||Rs. 1,30,000/-|
|Class days||Mon, Wed, Fri (6pm -8pm)|
Class Days and Timing:
|CLASS DAYS||CLASS TIMING|
|Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday||4pm - 8pm|
State of the art - Finance Lab (Jubilee Building - 2nd floor).
Certificate will be given jointly after the successful completion of the course
75 % attendance is compulsory. This being a
professional course, there shall be no waiver of
attendance. Students, who have less than 75 % attendance
without a medical or emergency excuse approved by the
college authority, shall not be allowed to take the
Admission procedure and Payment of Fees [Direct Enrolment]:
Step 1: Submission of online Registration Forms.
- Printing facility is required while filling up this online form.
- Please read the instruction in the registration form and Admission form with care.
- Application forms are available online only through this website.
- No printed form will be issued by the College
After successful online submission please note down your Application Number for further reference.
Step 2: Admission Process
- Submission of Application form (generated through website) in the College office (Room No. 7) within 2 working days along with Demand Draft/Pay Order of the 1st Installment of course fee
- Eligible candidates may get direct admission subject to the fulfillment of norms and availability of seats..
Step 3: Payment of Fees:
- The course fee of is to be paid in two installments.
- The 1st installment of Rs. 85,000/- is to be paid at the time of admission. 2nd installment of Rs. 45,000/- is to be paid by 29th February, 2020.
- The 1st Installment of course fee to be paid in Demand Draft/Pay Order in favour of St. Xavier's College, payable at Kolkata at the Syndicate Bank Park Street branch on the college premises from 9AM to 1PM (Working days), excluding 2nd & 4th Saturdays only after verification of documents by the office.
- Fees for 2nd is to be paid using Demand Draft.
Cancellation of Admission & Refund Policy
Your admission will be cancelled
- If the admission form is incomplete,
- If the supporting documents are not complete,
- If false documents have been submitted,
- If required educational qualifications are not fulfilled,
- If incorrect or wrong information is given,
- If the examinations are not passed from a recognised board.
Note: Admission once cancelled will not be re-considered and fee paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.