The Xaverian Academy of Dance and Music (XADAM) has performed throughout the academic year of 2021-2022. The student body, thoroughly guided by Director Prof. Sujata Pakrashi Lahiri, coordinated, and rigorously planned multiple events and began the journey again which had been halted by the pandemic.
The Xaverian Academy of Dance and Music conducted numerous activities and performances throughout the year and they are as follows.
- Remembering Rabindranath Tagore: On 9th May 2021, amid the worldwide pandemic, members of XADAM virtually celebrated the birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore through dance and music. The members of XADAM prayed for the rapid improvement of the world through the works of Tagore. This was conducted on the virtual platform.
- Prarthana: As the world dealt with extreme hardships, members of XADAM came together to chant prayers of peace and healing earnestly hoping for a worldwide recovery. This activity was held on May 31, 2021, on a virtual platform.
- Farewell: A XADAM family member remains a member for life. However, as apart of the tradition, the juniors share and recall memorable moments with the seniors of the final year batch in a short exchange programme. This activity was held on July 24, 2021. The videos of dance and music were uploaded on the official Facebook page of XADAM on July 26,2021.
- Teachers’ Day, 2021: XADAM conducted an online production where a dance and music compilation video of members paying tribute to their teachers was uploaded on the official Facebook page of XADAM on September 5, 2021. The collated and edited video was also published from the official Facebook page of St. Xavier’s College (Autonomous), Kolkata.
- XADAM Auditions: Every year XADAM conducts auditions for welcoming fresh talents in the XADAM family. Like all years, XADAM looks for ward to doing the same in the month of October.
- XADAM Orientation: Like every year, this year the fresh batch of dancers and musicians will be welcomed in the society. It is scheduled to be held online and at the end of October.
- Convocation and Valedictory: On 19th February 2022, the XADAM dance and choir team performed on the 15th College Convocation and Valedictory Program.
- International Day of Yoga: XADAM in collaboration with the Department of Education observed the International Day of Yoga.
- Auditions: The existing members of XADAM held the first phase of Dance and Choir auditions from 26th to 29th July, 2022. The members held the second phase of auditions from 30th to 1st August, 2022
- Independence Day: XADAM in collaboration with NCC performed on the auspicious occasion of 75th Independence Day.
- Teachers’ Day: In a bid to pay tribute to teachers, the members of XADAM dance and choir teams celebrated Teacher’s Day on 5th of September 2022.
- Orientation: The members of the choir team performed on the orientation day of the Department of B. Com (Morning). Foundation Stone laying Ceremony of SXC media Hub and Research Centre: The members of the dance and choir teams of XADAM performed at the stone laying ceremony at the Media Hub and Research Centre.
- GOONJ’22: It is the annual event organized by XADAM. It is an amalgamation of performances showcasing the immense talents and competitive spirit of students at St. Xavier’s College (Autonomous) Kolkata. This is the first time that the events were solely held as inter-department competitions. It is the celebration of imagination and presentation and serves as a great platform for flourishing creativity. We celebrated the 12th Edition of Goonj on Sunday, 25th September, 2022. The theme for this year’s production was “A New Dawn”.
- Auditions: The third and final phase of auditions for the first-year students is to be held in the month of November.
- Christmas Concert: The members of XADAM will perform in the Christmas concert to be held in the month of December.