Xadam Report 2019-2020
The Xaverian Academy of Dance And Music (XADAM) has not only performed throughout the academic year of 2019-2020 but also triumphed the challenges put forth by the worldwide pandemic and the consequential virtual medium of communication. It continues to induce cultural interest in students. The student body, thoroughly guided by Director Prof. Sujata Pakrashi Lahiri, coordinated and rigorously planned multiple online events and adapted itself to the new normal. XADAM has shifted its base to the virtual platform.
The Xaverian Academy of Dance And Music conducted numerous activities and performances throughout the year 2019-2020 and they are as follows:
- Youth Parliament: On 17th September 2019, St. Xavier’s College(Autonomous) Kolkata hosted an Youth Parliament where the members of the XADAM Choir team presented an inaugural song performance.
- Lecture Demonstration On Performing Arts: A Lecture Demonstration on Performing Arts was held for the visiting students of Macquarie University on 19th September, 2019.
- GOONJ’19: It is the annual event organized by XADAM. It is an amalgamation of performances showcasing the immense talents and competitive spirit of students of St. Xavier’s College (Autonomous) Kolkata and also that of the other eminent colleges of the city. It is the celebration of imagination and presentation and serves as a great platform for flourishing creativity. We celebrated the Tenth Edition of Goonj on Sunday, 29th September, 2019. The theme for this year’s production was “The 10th Rasa…Navarasa and beyond”.
- JHEASA Conference: JHEASA (Jesuit Higher Education Association South Asia) Conference is scheduled to be held in St. Xavier’s College on 6th October 2019. The XADAM dance and choir team will put up an inaugural performance.
- The Third Bell: On 4th November 2019, XADAM in collaboration with XTS presented an inaugural musical performance in ‘The Third Bell’.
- Convocation and Valedictory: On 16th and 18th January 2020, the XADAM dance and choir team performed on the occasion of Convocation and Valedictory.
- Xavotsav: On 22nd January 2020, members of the XADAM choir team presented an inaugural song performance to mark the beginning of the annual college fest, Xavotsav.
- Shishu Mela: XADAM in collaboration with the Department of Social Work and NSS presented dance and song performances on the occasion of Shishu Mela on 16th February 2020.
- Kobi Pronam: On 15th May 2020, amid the worldwide pandemic, members of XADAM virtually celebrated the birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore through dance and music. Videos of the participants performing were collated together and then published from the official facebook page of St. Xavier’s College(Autonomous), Kolkata.
- Quarantine Diaries: While still being in quarantine the members of XADAM came up with a virtual dance performance that was published on June 3rd 2020, from the official facebook page of St. Xavier’s College(Autonomous), Kolkata.
- International Day of Yoga: XADAM in collaboration with the Department of Social Work and NSS virtually observed the International Day of Yoga. A video of members performing several Yoga poses was published from the official facebook page of St. Xavier’s College(Autonomous), Kolkata.
- Independence Day: XADAM in collaboration with NCC virtually performed on the auspicious occasion of 74rd Independence Day. The XADAM dance and choir team prepared a virtual music and dance performance with a patriotic endeavor. A video, collated and edited, of the same was published from the official facebook page of St. Xavier’s College(Autonomous), Kolkata.
- Teachers’ Day: In a bid to pay tribute to teachers the members of XADAM dance and choir teams took to virtually celebrate Teacher’s Day on 5th of September 2020. A video, collated and edited, of the same was published from the official facebook page of St. Xavier’s College(Autonomous), Kolkata.
- XADAM Auditions: The existing members of XADAM held the Dance and Choir auditions virtually from 28th November 2020 – 30th November 2020.
- Winter Chimes – The Virtual Rooftop Concert: On 30th November 2020, XADAM presented its virtual rooftop concert where students of St. Xavier’s College(Autonomous), Kolkata showcased their talents in music, dance and poetry. Videos, collated and edited, of the same were published from the official facebook page of XADAM.
- XADAM Orientation: Like every year, this year the fresh batch of dancers and musicians will be welcomed in the society. It is scheduled to be held online and in the first week of February tentatively.
- Spring Rooftop Concert: Like Winter Chimes, XADAM plans to organise yet another virtual concert where the artists will present and share their art with all other students. This event is scheduled in the month of February tentatively.
- Intradepartmental competition: XADAM plans on organising an online competition where departments of the college will compete against each other. It’ll be held in the end of February tentatively.