The objectives of XES are:
- Sharing knowledge with others
- Offering guidance and counselling courses
- Developing all round personality of the students
- Spreading consciousness about different social and educational issues among the students with a view to make them worthy citizens
- Developing values among the students
- Working for social cause especially for the poor and marginalised
- Developing intellectual skills etc.
A teacher is a transformer. A teacher is an agent of social change. Therefore, there sponsibilities of a Teacher Education Department in a Jesuit institution are manifold. Besides transmitting knowledge, the department is expected to share social responsibilities and develop human values through its activities.
The tentative programmes chalked out by the department for XES are as follows:
- Adopting village and providing quality education to the rural community
- Organising programmes with a view tospread educational and social message
- Organising workshop on Guidance and Counselling /value development/ skills of teaching etc.
- Organising seminars
- Organising programmes for intellectual, aesthetic and sustainable developments etc.